THE NEW ST. AUGUSTINES:~
After launching a Nation-wide appeal for funds for a new Church, donations poured in, even from New Zealand, despite the fact that there was a terrible drought affecting the whole of the Country.
Recycled bricks from the old Church were used on the inside walls. Mr Bill Dowton lent his horse and dray to cart local river gravel to the site.
The new St. Augustines was opened 16th July 1933 by Bishop Fox.
saw Narromine and districts suffer the worst floods in its history. Floor
coverings and furnishings suffered to a great extent, but there was no
serious damage wrought to Church property.
|NEXT ARTICLE: CURRENT RESTORATION >>>|